Tag Archives: piffmusic

Customer Service

A little while ago I showed you all a website I was helping move for an old client. http://piffmusic.me.

His site is with a2Hosting but the domain name is with Godaddy. Now anyone who has done this know its nothing more than a name server change and a forward with masking.

It keeps resetting almost daily which isn’t helping and although the client has a month left before renewal, Godaddy decided to park a “YOUR DOMAIN NEEDS RENEWING!” page in place of the forwarding. That was jolly decent of them.

The whole thing has been frustrating and largely unnecessary

okay I am kinda skimming over most of it but the whole thing showed me how bad customer service can be and they just did not seem to offer any real help other than “buy more stuff”.

Hopefully I can do better than those guys. In fact I should aim to better than those guys. Sort of set my benchmark at how badly it can be for the customer.

And once again head back in the figures. I’m still not that completely happy and its just that moment when they get checked is soon. I’m just proving to be an impatient sod.

No change there really.

Good start to the weekend

No rest for the wicked as they say. Today I took a day off from the whole business plan thing as I have been working on a website for longer than expected. Old client of mine and always good to have a return customer so spent a few hours getting his stuff working as intended and its getting there. Have a looksee;


There are still a few oddities that need ironing out but the whole thing is getting there. Its using a system called Beatz a Pure Volume Clone based on Joomla. Of all the CMS I have used this is by far one of the worst to set up. For those who have found the script and not getting anywhere fast make sure your PHP is version 5.2 it hates anything above that. It will install with 5.3 and above that you are out of luck. 5.3 will have some strange errors however. Check your host if you have a php version switcher in your cPanel or whatever you use or Google editing your htaccess file.